Whole Wheat Paratha
This recipe Is simple to make and is a meal on its own. People often name that aloo paratha are not healthy but how can it be true ?Lets discuss over facts of potatoes :-1.It has No fat, sodium or cholesterol.2.Excellent source of vitamin B6.3.It contains more potassium than banana.4.Rich in magnesium and anti-oxidants.5.Naturally gluten free.This recipe is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India. So lets head out to this easy and wholesome meal.
For the dough
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Spring Onions greens chopped
- 1 tbsp Kalonji seeds onion seeds
- 2 tsp Carom seeds ajwain
- 2 tsp Salt
- to knead water
For the filling
- 4 nos. Potatoes boiled
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion chopped
- 2 sprigs pudina mint
- 2 tbsp Corriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp jaggery optional
- as per taste Salt
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 nos. Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Heat some oil to temper the green chillies and ground spices and add it to the mashed potatoes.
- To the mashed potatoes, add remaining ingredients and give it a quick mix.
- Prepare the dough and let it rest for 15 mins
- Make medium size balls of the dough, roll enough to place the filling inside and seal it.
- Dust some flour over the surface and roll with gentle pressure.
- Heat a griddle over a medium flame and place the Paratha over it
- Apply enough ghee to roast on both the sides.
- Prepare paratha’s in similar way with the remaining dough.
- Serve it with your favourite condiment. (pickle, curd, chutney & raw mango preserve i.e. chunda.)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?