Stir fried Dill Greens with Prawns
Dill often recognised as Shepu/Suva amongst Indians is an aromatic herb with delicate feathery green leaves. With its simple taste dill is better used fresh than dried. Its seeds are used as a spice. These are rich in Vitamin A and C, Calcium, Potassium. The pairing of dill with sea-food is rich in flavour and can never go wrong. Try this authentic recipe which is been picked from coastal delicacy which will treat your taste buds with palatable and piquant trip.
- 10 sprigs Dill Greens shepu/suva
- 12-15 small sized prawns
- 1 medium sized Onion chopped
- ½ tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-1½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- as per taste salt
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1-1½ tbsp Oil
- Place a kadhai on medium heat and warm up the oil. When hot enough pop in the mustard seeds.
- When seeds start cracking, add onions to it and cook till translucent.Then add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min.
- Add a tsp of turmeric, then followed by red chilli powder.
- Place the prawns in the kadai and stir for a min on high flame. As they change colour it is time to add the dill greens.
- You can serve this with flavoured rice or any indian bread.
- Mix well and let them cook on medium-high flame for 6-7 mins. Do not cover with the lid as it will loose its fresh green colour.
- Check for the seasoning and give it a stir. When done serve it.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?