Did You Know ?
1.Prawns Pulao is good for heart
A person with a healthy heart is actually a happy person. Prawn, like most seafood, is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids prevent the heart from suffering from various diseases as well as improve cardiovascular circulation. Thus regular consumption of Prawn is quite beneficial for healthy Heart.
2.Helps build muscles
This is the most important point for me ! Body needs protein to build muscles. Prawns consist of adequate amounts of protein. The good thing about prawns being sources of protein is that they are low in carbs unlike other protein sources. There is 17.0 g worth of protein for every 100g of prawn. So consume prawn frequently to get well-toned muscle.
One hundred grams of raw prawns, which are equal to about four to five medium to large peeled prawns, contain several vitamins:
- 4 to 5 percent of your recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for thiamin (vitamin B1)
- 47 percent of your RDA for vitamin B12
- 71 to 95 percent of your RDA for vitamin E, depending on whether you’re a man or woman
prawns pulao | prawns pulao recipe | prawns pulao recipe in hindi
- 1½ Cup Rice any aged rice, i used wada kolam
- 1 no. Tomato medium sized Chopped
- 1 no. Large Onion Chopped
- 200 gms prawns
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Dried Mint Stalks
- 1-2 nos. Chopped green chillies
- 1½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 nos. Bay Leaf
- 2-3 nos. Green cardamom
- 2-3 nos. Cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp Jeera
- 1-2 nos. Black cardamom
- oil as required
- Wash and soak rice for atleast 20 mins.
- In a cooker, add oil and once oil heats up add jeera.
- Once jeera starts popping, add add khada masala's (black cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf, cloves, etc)
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Next, add chopped onions and saute well until translucent.
- Once, the onion becomes soft, add chopped tomatoes and green chillies give it a nice mix.
- Once, tomatoes start cooking, add turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, corainder powder,salt as per required and mix well.
- Strain the soaked rice and add it to the masala created. Mix well !
- Add shelled or deshelled prawns and add water into the cooker. (for wada kolam every 1 cup of rice= 1½ cup of water)
- Add dried mint stalks on the top and close the cooker with it lid and whistle.
- Pressure cook it for atleast 2 whistles.
- Switch off the gas, release the pressure and fluff the rice with a spoon.
- Serve this with our Onion Chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?