Origin of Patrani Macchi
There is no debate that Parsis, the Zoroastrians of India take their food seriously, rather very seriously.
Zoroastrianism is the ethnic religion of the Parsi people. According to the Qissa-i Sanjan, Parsis migrated from the Sasanian Empire to Gujarat, where they were given refuge, between the 8th and 10th century CE to avoid persecution following the Muslim conquest of Persia.
Before moving to the recipe checkout one of our most trending recipe Easy To Make Donut Recipe
One amongst them is Patrani Macchi or Parsi Fish Steamed in Banana Leaf !
Instant way to make Patrani Macchi
- Make the Green Chutney
- Galore the fish on both sides with the chutney.
- Wrap in parchment paper or Banana Leaf.
- Wrap the fish in parchment paper or Banana Leaf inside a pouch of foil with a toothpick or thread before placing it in your Instant Pot.
- Add water to Instant Pot liner.
- Add trivet.
- Pressure cook on LOW pressure.
- Check if cooked.
Patrani MacchiCourse: RecipesCuisine: Parsi, PersianDifficulty: Medium
Patrani Macchi is a popular Parsi dish that calls for steaming chutney coated fish in banana leaves.
Mint leaves- 10g
Green chilly-1/2 small
Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
Ginger, Garlic paste- ½ tsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Salt- As per taste
Lemon juice- ½ no.
Haldi leaves-for wrapping
- In a mixture grinder (except fish & banana leaves) combine all the ingredients to a smooth paste. Marinate fish in this mixture for atleast 5-6 hrs .
- Wrap up the marinated fish fillets in the banana leaf & secure tightly with a string or toothpick.
- Steam in a steamer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot !!
aalo paratha aubergine benefits of carrots bombay halwa breakfast brinjals chettinad chicken chettinad cuisine Dum Aaloo eggplant recipe featured fish food stories ginger carrot soup halwa halwa recipes healthy healthy paratha healthy soup india Indian irani chai irani chai recipe jaggery karachi halwa long lost food of india lost recipes of india maharashtrian merahomechef pakoda paneer paratha persian poha potato potato paratha punjabi paratha Rice soup south indian food spring onion stuffed brinjals stuffed brinjal with dried shrimps tasty whole wheat paratha
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?