Today we will be trying to make onion chutney recipe. The special thing about this onion chutney is that we can store this chutney for almost a month without getting spoilt.
onion chutney recipe | how to make onion chutney
- 2 large Onion fine chopped
- 10-12 pods Garlic
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1-1½ tsp Jeera
- 3-4 nos. Red chilli
- 1-1½ tsp Anise
- ½ tsp Wray
- 1-1½ tsp Red chilli
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a pan, saute chopped onion, tamrind and garlic in 1 tsp oil for atleast 4 mins.
- Grind this mixture in a grinder and make a thick paste out of it without water.
- Dry roast Coriander seeds, jeera, anise saunf and red chilli.
- Grind this as well in a grinder and make a thick paste.
- In a fry pan take 1 tsp oil, add wray/rai ,jeera, urad dal in the same order.
- Add onion, tamrind, garlic paste to the pan and mix well.
- Then add coriander seeds, jeera, saunf and red chill paste to the above mixture.
- Add red chilli, salt and mix well for 5-7 mins.
- Chutney is ready, let it cool down and then transfer it into a glass container
- This chutney can be stored in a glass container for a month.
We Indians are insatiable beings. We always crave for more and more things even though we have tons of tastes on your plate. I am not saying that being insatiable is a bad thing, rather this helps us discover new tastes and likes, dislikes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?