Laal Maas|Laal Maans
Laal Maans is a popular meat preparation. Traditionally Laal Maas was made with wild game meat, such as boar or deer which was favourite amongst royalties. Keeping the flavour intact the meat used today is mutton. It is prepared in sauce of curd and hot spices such as Red Mathania chillies.
- 500 gms Lamb lamb pieces and shank both
- 2 Nos. (large) Onions Sliced
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Black cardamom
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Nos. Cloves
- 2 no. Bay Leaf
- 4-5 nos. Mathania Red chillies paste can use Pandi chillies as a substitute
- 1-1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 100 gms Curd
- 1 no Tomatoes
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Cummin Seeds
- ½ tsp Corriander Powder
- as per taste salt
- 200 ml Water
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Wash and drain the lamb pieces. Marinate the lamb overnight/6 hrs before preparation with yoghurt, cumin powder,coriander powder, turmeric.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot over low flame and add whole spices, add the sliced onions, cook till they turn brown.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste, cook further for 20 mins over medium flame till the masala releases oil.
- Add the Garam masala powder and the remaining red chilli paste give it a quick stir.
- Add the marinated lamb and sauté the lamb for a good 20 mins.
- Add water to make enough gravy and let simmer till the lamb is tender.
- Serve hot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?