Beef Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Egg Biryani, Mutton Biryani, there are many more biryani to cover. However, the preparation technique for it is almost the same. Loaded with spices and flavoured rice, this dish is a gem in itself.The word Biryani is derived from the Persian word Birian, which means ‘fried before cooking’ and Birinj, the Persian word for rice. There are various theories related to the origin of this scrumptious dish. Many historians believe that biryani originated from Persia and was brought to India by the Mughals. Biryani was further developed in the Mughal royal kitchen.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Nos. Egg Boiled & Slitted
- 1 No. Onion Chopped
- 1 No. Tomato Chopped
- 2 Nos. Green Chillies Slit
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Cup Curd
- ¼ Cup Onion Chopped and ½Fried
- ½ Cup Corriander Leaves
- 4-5 Mint Leaves
- 3 No. Saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Corriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 strand Javitri
- 1 no. Bay Leaf
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 no. PepperCorn
- 1 no. Cloves
- 1 no. Green cardamom
- ¼ tsp Cummin Seeds
- 2-4 no. Black cardamom
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
To Shallow Fry Eggs
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Corriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Wash the rice and let it soak for atleast 30 mins.
- Heat 3 cups of water in a cooking pot over high flame and add all the whole spices along with the rice when water starts bubbling.
- Cook the rice till ¾th done. Drain the rice and spread over a plate and let it cool.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil over low flame, add red chilli, turmeric, Garam masala, coriander powder and place the yolk side of eggs down.
- Shallow fry the eggs, till they get well coated with the spices.
- Heat a medium size cooking pot, add 2 tbsp of oil, add onions and sauté till translucent.
- Stir in the tomatoes and slit chillies, cook till they turn soft. Add the ginger garlic paste and all the ground spices.
- Sauté till the mix starts to separate from the oil. Then add the curd and mix well and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Once the mix is ready, turn of the heat. Add in the half of chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Add the fried eggs to it and mix well.
- Now to layer up the biryani, spread well the cooked flavoured rice over the top of the masala gently.
- To finish with sprinkle the rest of coriander and mint leaves, the saffron flavoured milk and fried onions.Drizzle the ghee over the rice equally.
- Place the lid, turn the heat on over low flame and let the flavours merge in for 10-15 mins.
- Serve it with raita/koshimbir and enjoy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?