History of Authentic Chicken Momos Recipe from Nepaldates back to as early as the fourteenth century in Nepal. Momo was initially a Newari (Himalayish language spoken in the Kathmandu valley of Nepal) food in Katmandu valley. It was later introduced to Tibet by a Nepalese princess who was married to a Tibetan king in the late fifteenth century.
To read this recipe and story in your local language, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use Google Translate to translate it into your local language.
chicken momo recipe in hindi
Authentic Chicken Momos Recipe from Nepal
recipe of chicken momos is a very easy recipe with very less equipment and ingredients to make.
Chicken Momos recipe | chicken momo recipe in hindi
- 200 gm All Purpose Flour
- as per taste Salt for taste
- ½ tsp oil
- 200 gms Chicken leg boneless minced
- 40 gms Coriander leaves and stalk
- 5 gms Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 no. Chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1½ tsp Soya Sauce
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper or white pepper powder
- 100 ml Water
- 1 no. Chopped green chillies
- 1 no. medium sized chopped onion
- Combine all purpose flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water part by part and knead it into a semi-soft dough.
- Cover this dough and let it rest for atleast 20 mins.
- In a bowl, take minced meat, chopped corriander and ginger.
- Add ginger garlic paste, vinegar ,green chillies, onion and black pepper. Add salt at the end while filling into the momos.
If you can't get minced chicken just put boneless small pieces with all other ingredients in the food processor and just pulse for 3 or 4 time till coarsely minced.
- After 20 mins rest, make small balls of dough.
- Flattened them with rolling pin till it forms small discs
- Put 2 or 3 tsp filling in the middle of the flattened dough and make into different momos shapes.
- Then steam them for 15 to 20 mins or till the chicken is cooked
While researching about the origin of this recipe, various stories and facts were found and hence was decided to write a separate blog about it. So stay tuned for that.
Check out our Mexican Fish Tacos along with Guacamole. Also, do visit our homepage and leave a comment down below as to how you enjoyed this nepali chicken momos recipe with your friends and family.
Authentic nepali chicken momo in hindi
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?